TheStreet's Brittany Umar said the initial launch was previously unknown, but Apple had said it would be sometime "later in November." After the launch date was leaked, Apple decided to start selling the iPads now.
Currently, the new iPad is available in Australia, New Zealand, China, Japan, Singapore and the United States, she added. Depending on the version, it should ship within 10 business days.
In other tech news, Google (GOOG) Glass will feature music capabilities, Umar said. Users can search, stream, and get suggestions for music via voice command through Google's Play application.Specifically designed headphones will allow users to listen to the music, she concluded. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV