Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified US Airways Group (LCC) as a "water-logged and getting wetter" (weak stocks crossing below support with today's range greater than 200%) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified US Airways Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LCC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $199.3 million.
- LCC has traded 7.6 million shares today.
- LCC traded in a range 240.7% of the normal price range with a price range of $2.44.
- LCC traded below its daily resistance level (quality: 3 days, meaning that the stock is crossing a resistance level set by the last 3 calendar days. The resistance price is defined by the Price - $0.01 at the time of the signal).
Stocks matching the 'Water-Logged and Getting Wetter' criteria are worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and volatility. Trade-Ideas targets these opportunities because the stock is exhibiting an unusual behavior while displaying negative price action. In this case, the stock crossed an important inflection point; namely, "support" while at the same time the range of the stock's movement in price is twice its normal size. This large range foreshadows a possible continuation as the stock moves lower.EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LCC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LCC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on LCC: US Airways Group, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides air transportation for passengers and cargo. LCC has a PE ratio of 8.0. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate US Airways Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.The average volume for US Airways Group has been 7.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. US Airways Group has a market cap of $4.6 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 0.79 and a short float of 9.1% with 1.70 days to cover. Shares are up 71.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates US Airways Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, LCC's share price has jumped by 75.37%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, LCC should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- LCC's revenue growth trails the industry average of 21.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 561.76% to $225.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, US AIRWAYS GROUP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 107.88%.
- US AIRWAYS GROUP INC's earnings per share declined by 16.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, US AIRWAYS GROUP INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.28 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.52 versus $3.28).
- You can view the full US Airways Group Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV