SAN DIEGO, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- AMN Healthcare (NYSE: AHS), healthcare's innovator in workforce solutions and staffing services, announced today the results from its third survey of social media and mobile usage by healthcare professionals related to job search and career trends. The results showed that today's clinicians are becoming more discerning in the tools they use to manage their job search as they hone in on the most effective job search sources, increase their use of social media for finding jobs, and optimize their online footprint.
"As healthcare organizations continue to seek the highest quality and most qualified clinicians to meet their permanent or contingent needs, it becomes increasingly more critical to understand how these healthcare professionals are seeking career opportunities," stated Ralph Henderson, President of Healthcare Staffing at AMN Healthcare. "Our research clearly shows that online and social sources continue to grow in popularity, but even more importantly, that clinicians are using a myriad of social channels available to them more strategically than in the past. Innovative digital and social recruitment strategies are needed to reach high-demand healthcare professionals."
The use of social media for job searching has nearly doubled since first measured in 2010 with 42% actively engaged. Healthcare professionals are using social media to:
- Look at job postings;
- Research companies; and
- Determine whether they know anyone that could assist in their job search.
Additionally, more than twice as many healthcare professionals now receive mobile (text) job alerts than in 2010 (20%), and those who do are reporting success getting interviews and job offers, especially those who have opted-in to receive alerts from recruiters. Healthcare professionals do differ widely in their use of social media and mobile devices though, with physicians ranking least likely to use social media in a job search and pharmacists ranking the most likely.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV