Kate Borkowski Releases Debut Album 'Polymorph' (feat. Grammy-Nominated Producer Jon Evans)
SEATTLE, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Polymorph, the much-anticipated studio album by singer-songwriter, Kate Borkowski, debuts today. The album unites Borkowski with Grammy-nominated producer and long-time Tori Amos bassist, Jon Evans. The album launches with a first listen track, 'Average Josephine'.
Polymorph was recorded over an eight week period this past summer at Evans' private studio in Cape Cod. Newcomer Borkowski, an immensely talented vocalist and songstress, with an English degree from the University of Notre Dame, focuses her gifts of powerful perception and melody on each of Polymorph's 12 original songs. Evans contributes his own dark bass grooves along with a masterful production style, which manages to be both spacious and lush, never losing the trail of Borkowski's unmistakably haunting voice or piano.
Evans, who also arranged the album's strings, says of his artist, " Kate Borkowski is a producer's dream. She brings to the plate a collection of songs that are contemporary, while still keeping one foot in the singer/songwriter tradition of classic hooks and melodies. She has clear ideas about how her songs should be received by the world, but is confident enough to accept new ideas and collaboration. Look forward to hearing a record that moves easily from dark to light and back!"It is fitting then, that a 'polymorph' is an organism that can assume more than one form. Borkowski's album does just that; it reinvents itself continuously, fluidly shifting styles, structures and moods. But even as it morphs, the album maintains its essence: emotionally naked lyrics replete with metaphor, ethereal vocals, and addictive piano melodies, all accentuated by playful jazz drums, sensual bass grooves, and the emotion only strings can bring.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV