ATLANTA, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Georgia Power announced today that it has added a new outage notification option to its online Outage & Storm Center at www.georgiapower.com/storm. The new service, available once customers have signed in to their online account, enables them to choose from multiple notification options, including text message, phone call and email. Once an option is selected, customers automatically receive personalized updates should a power outage occur at their home or business due to severe weather, traffic accidents or other causes.
"We're continuously implementing new technologies to provide best-in-class service to our customers, including how we communicate with them during outages," said Leslie Sibert, vice president of distribution for Georgia Power. "The Outage Alert service is one example of how we're adding value for our customers by providing them with the information they need to make well-informed decisions during unexpected outages."
The new Outage Alert service provides users with:
- The ability to register up to five people per account – an important function for families and businesses.
- Detailed information, including the cause of the outage and an estimated time of restoration.
- Updates if the estimated time of restoration changes.
- A "Do Not Disturb" option to silence alerts overnight or at other preferred times.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV