CHICAGO, Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CBOE Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CBOE) today announced it will launch futures and options on the CBOE Russell 2000 ® Volatility Index in coming weeks. CBOE Futures Exchange (CFE) will begin trading the futures (ticker: VU) on Monday, November 18, and Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE) plans to introduce trading in the options (ticker: RVX) on Monday, December 2.
The Russell 2000 ® Index is the premier measure of the performance of small-capitalization U.S. stocks and an effective gauge and play on the health of the U.S. economy -- 84 percent of the revenues generated by the companies in the index come from within the U.S.
VU futures and RVX options will allow investors to hedge volatility of a portfolio of small-cap stocks and to spread the volatility level of the Russell 2000 against large-cap index volatility to take advantage of differences between small- and large-cap company dynamics.Used on their own or in combination with other CBOE Volatility Index products, Russell 2000 Volatility Index products will allow customers to hedge, diversify or take a directional view on volatility in the small-cap market sector. The calculation of the CBOE Russell 2000 Volatility Index ( RVX SM Index) is based on CBOE's VIX ® methodology applied to CBOE listed options on the Russell 2000 Index ( RUT), the third most actively traded index option at CBOE in the first half of 2013. The RVX Index is an up-to-the-minute market estimate of the expected 30-day volatility of the RUT Index, calculated using real-time bid/ask quotes of RUT options that are listed on CBOE. Jane Street Capital, LLC will serve as the Designated Primary Market Maker (DPM) for VU futures traded on CFE, and Group One Trading will be the DPM for the RVX options traded on CBOE.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV