Underwriters Laboratories (UL), the independent third-party agency that tests CO alarms, requires an audible warning to alert a consumer when an alarm is expiring. Kidde CO alarms sound this end-of-life warning after seven years, while Kidde's new Worry-Free CO alarms are the first and only UL-listed models to last a decade. In addition to the longer life, the alarm contains a sealed-in lithium battery that also powers the alarm for 10 years, eliminating the need to replace a battery or hear a low-battery chirp for a decade.
"Kidde's Worry-Free alarms meet UL standards and offer hassle-free protection," said Chris Rovenstine, vice president, sales and marketing, Kidde. "Addressing the frustration caused by low-battery chirps may help reduce the number of poisonings that occur due to alarms with dead or missing batteries. Since smoke alarms also should be replaced every 10 years, having the same replacement time for your CO alarms makes it easier to remember."
Kidde CO alarms, including the Worry-Free alarms, are available throughout Massachusetts at home improvement and hardware retailers. For more information on CO alarms and the need for replacement, visit www.beatthebeep.com.
About Kidde Kidde is a leading manufacturer of residential smoke alarms, carbon monoxide (CO) alarms, fire extinguishers, and has been delivering advanced fire safety technology for more than 90 years. Kidde is a business of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, and a business unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX), which provides high technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries worldwide. More information can be found at www.kidde.com.SOURCE Kidde
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV