Ashford Hospitality Trust Inc. Stock Downgraded (AHT)
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has decreased by 7.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from -$15.15 million to -$16.34 million.
- The gross profit margin for ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST is currently extremely low, coming in at 7.85%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.04% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASHFORD HOSPITALITY TRUST reported poor results of -$1.26 versus -$0.66 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.92 versus -$1.26).
- Investors have driven up the company's shares by 44.85% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in AHT do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.