NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It may sound odd that the Communist Party in China wants to let consumers play a "decisive" role in allocating resources in the People's Republic state-controlled economy, but it is bullish news for free markets around the world.
As the world's largest consumer of commodities and items ranging from coal to luxury goods, China is the driving economic force for many countries and companies. That is why the recent statement of the Communist Party at the end of a meeting of the party's 205-member Central Committee that, "The core issue is to straighten out the relationship between government and the market, allowing the market to play a decisive role in allocating resources and improving the government's role," for bullish for the global economy.
While the statement was short on details, third plenary sessions such as these of a newly installed Central Committee have resulted in critical economic reforms. Specifically cited for reform in the future were:
- fiscal and tax policy;
- a unified real estate market for urban and rural sectors;
- a sustainable social security system; and
- greater property rights for farmers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV