Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume: Allison Transmission Holdings (ALSN)
- ALSN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.9 million.
- ALSN traded 104,686 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:55 AM, representing 15.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ALSN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ALSN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on ALSN: Allison Transmission Holdings, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design and manufacture of commercial and military fully-automatic transmissions and hybrid-propulsion systems for transit buses. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. ALSN has a PE ratio of 33.8. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Allison Transmission Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Allison Transmission Holdings has been 389,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Allison Transmission has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and automotive industry. Shares are up 17.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Allison Transmission Holdings as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, expanding profit margins and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including generally higher debt management risk, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500, but is less than that of the Auto Components industry average. The net income increased by 38.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $32.20 million to $44.50 million.
- The gross profit margin for ALLISON TRANSMISSION HLDGS is rather high; currently it is at 54.81%. Regardless of ALSN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, ALSN's net profit margin of 9.54% compares favorably to the industry average.
- ALLISON TRANSMISSION HLDGS has improved earnings per share by 41.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. However, we anticipate underperformance relative to this pattern in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ALLISON TRANSMISSION HLDGS increased its bottom line by earning $2.75 versus $0.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 68.0% in earnings ($0.88 versus $2.75).
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 2.00 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, ALSN maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.88, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Auto Components industry and the overall market, ALLISON TRANSMISSION HLDGS's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Allison Transmission Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.