CARY, N.C., Nov. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- SciQuest, Inc. (Nasdaq:SQI), a leading provider of cloud-based business automation solutions for spend management, today unveiled the latest endeavors from its SciQuest Charitable Fund. The latest round of donations supports organizations focused on strengthening local youth and young adults in crisis, as well as helping the homeless. SciQuest, working with the Triangle Community Foundation, created the fund in 2011.
Twice a year, the SciQuest Charitable Fund makes donations focusing on both national and regional 501c3 organizations. In addition to supporting local North Carolina charities, SciQuest also selects a charity near one of its other locations to support.
This year's recipients include:
- The Hope Center at Pullen , the only non-profit organization in Wake County solely dedicated to serving the needs of young people transitioning out of foster care. The Hope Center at Pullen works with young adults between the ages of 18-25 who are either transitioning out of foster care or who have spent time in foster care during their lives. The Hope Center at Pullen becomes the new hub of services and support for these young adults. Its approach with participants who are on the fringe of being homeless or other participants, who are already homeless, is to integrate housing support with other services. Staff works closely with each client to determine what other resources might be at their disposal to meet any gaps and to determine the type of assistance that is most likely to put the individual on the path toward self-sufficiency.
- Bissell Centre , a Housing First organization that houses 240 chronically homeless people per year throughout the Edmonton, Alberta, Canada community and provides extensive support to help these individuals sustain their housing. The Bissell Centre's mission is to work with others to empower people to move from poverty to prosperity. They enable people to meet their own basic daily needs, participate in community, have sustainable livelihoods, feel hope for the future and make plans for a prosperous life.
- Triangle Family Services (TFS), Emergency Housing Assistance Program provides emergency housing assistance to families living in Wake County whose income is 40 percent or below area median income, and who are at imminent risk of becoming homeless or are currently homeless. TFS meets the needs of hundreds of Wake County women, children and families in housing crisis through a unique combination of direct emergency housing assistance, professional case management and financial literacy education for families. It provides the only service in Wake County that focuses primarily on homeless prevention and rapid re-housing of individuals and families.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV