PASADENA, Calif., Nov. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- General Finance Corporation (Nasdaq:GFN), the parent company of businesses in the mobile storage, modular space and liquid containment industries (the "Company"), today announced its consolidated financial results for the first quarter ended September 30, 2013. The consolidated results include majority-owned Royal Wolf Holdings Limited ("Royal Wolf"), the leading provider of portable storage solutions in the Asia-Pacific regions of Australia and New Zealand, wholly-owned Pac-Van, Inc. ("Pac-Van"), a prominent regional provider of portable storage, office and liquid storage tank containers, mobile offices and modular buildings in North America, and 90%-owned Southern Frac, LLC ("Southern Frac"), a domestic manufacturer of portable liquid storage tank containers.
- Total revenues were $65.7 million, an increase of 23% over the first quarter of fiscal year 2013, and included revenues of $3.4 million at Southern Frac, which was acquired on October 1, 2012.
- Leasing revenues comprised 50% of total non-manufacturing revenues versus 56% for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
- Adjusted EBITDA was $12.8 million, an increase of 2% over the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
- Adjusted EBITDA margin was 20%, compared to 23% in the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
- Net income attributable to common shareholders was $0.4 million, or $0.02 per share, compared to $1.0 million, or $0.04 per share, for the first quarter of fiscal year 2013.
- Average fleet unit utilization at Royal Wolf was 80%.
- Average fleet unit utilization at Pac-Van was 77%.
- Completed three acquisitions during the quarter.