Hearing Loss No More: A Baseball Cap That Renews Hope For Millions
ROCHESTER, N.Y., Nov. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Hearing loss affects over 600 million people globally, 95% of which remains untreated. Max Virtual, a Delaware based company specializing in wearable technology, is addressing the problem with a new device that transmits amplified audio from the environment directly to the inner ear using vibration, a process known as "bone conduction." What makes the device unique is the variety of headgear it comes in – one of which is a typical baseball cap.
Recently launched on crowdfunding site Indiegogo, Cynaps Enhance helps those with conductive, unilateral and even moderate cases of mixed hearing loss to hear better. Several wearable solutions for the product are being offered, such as a cap, a neck pouch with mountable parts for eyeglasses and a fully integrated, flexible rechargeable band designed to fit any head size. According to CEO Mike Freeman, "If you can hear your own voice, you can hear the world around you with Cynaps Enhance."
In addition, the company reports that several people with Cochlear Implants who have tried Cynaps Enhance have noticed a significant increase in clarity when used in combination with their implants. Those with complete hearing loss can also benefit from the strong, detailed vibrotactile feedback generated from the device, which can aid in lip-reading, situational awareness and safety, among other things.
As part of the campaign, Max Virtual will locate and restore hearing to one wounded US veteran or active duty soldier for every $5,000 raised. The campaign, along with video footage of the tests can be found here: http://igg.me/at/cynaps-enhance.Contact: Mike FreemanMax Virtual LLC40 E Main St #766 Newark, DE 19711Tel: (302)525-8112 email@example.com SOURCE Max Virtual
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV