- Earnings per Share Reported at $0.60
- Strong Operating Income Margin at 16%
- $16.5M of Free Cash Flow
BILLERICA, Mass., Nov. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- American Science and Engineering, Inc. (Nasdaq:ASEI) ("AS&E"), a leading worldwide supplier of innovative X-ray detection solutions, today reports its financial results for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014 ended September 30, 2013. The Company is reporting revenues of $43.8 million as compared with revenues of $46.3 million for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, net income of $4.7 million as compared with net income of $6.4 million for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013, and earnings per share of $0.60 as compared with earnings per share of $0.76 for the second quarter of fiscal year 2013.
For the first six months of fiscal year 2014 ended September 30, 2013, the Company reported revenues of $86.9 million compared with revenues of $93.6 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year, net income of $9.6 million compared with net income of $10.6 million for the same period in the prior fiscal year, and earnings per share of $1.22 compared with earnings per share of $1.22 for the prior fiscal year.
The Company is reporting $45.8 million in bookings for the second quarter of fiscal year 2014 and $75.7 million for the first half of fiscal year 2014.Backlog at September 30, 2013 was $175.0 million."We delivered solid financial performance at current business levels, as evidenced by strong operating income margin, free cash flow, and healthy EPS," said Chuck Dougherty, AS&E's President and Chief Executive Officer. "Additionally, we continued to strengthen our balance sheet with a quarter-end cash balance of $170 million." Dougherty continued, "I am encouraged with the progress we are making on our key growth initiatives. Of note are the twenty ZBV® systems booked in the second quarter — nineteen of which are with international customers in targeted growth markets — enhancing and expanding our global presence.Our international pipeline, notably for the industry-leading ZBV platform, continues to strengthen."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV