Futures Slip After Dow Hits Another New Record
NEW YORK (AP) a¿¿ U.S. stock futures are pulling back after the Dow Jones index struck another record high this week.
Dow Jones industrial futures are down 10 points to 15,713. S&P futures have lost 2.4 points to hit 1,765.20. Nasdaq futures are down 4.25 points to 3,350.
A lot of attention is being paid to developments in China, where Communist Party leaders are holding a four-day meeting to craft a blueprint that will guide the nation over the next decade.
Party leaders promised a larger role Tuesday for free markets with the country's current growth model becoming outdated.Investors will also listen for clues about the potential direction of U.S. economic policy during public appearances by Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta President Dennis Lockhart, and Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis Narayana Kocherlakota.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV