Last Friday's nonfarm payrolls number proved that the labor market was becoming more firm as data outperformed expectations.
As economic data improves the Federal Reserve will eventually deem it acceptable to pull back on monetary easing.
Asset markets reacted to the near-term potential of tapering by selling treasury bonds, gold and fleeing emerging market equities.Emerging markets, like the U.S. market, are heavily influenced by interest rates and the flow of excess capital. When monetary policy is accommodative, it allows for funds to spread through more markets and assets increase in value.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV