Sypris Solutions, Inc. (Nasdaq/NM: SYPR) announced today that effective November 11, 2013 it has elected Gary L. Convis to join its Board of Directors as a Class III director.
Gary L. Convis has served as Chief Operations Officer for Bloom Energy since January 2012. Mr. Convis served as Special Advisor to the Chief Executive Officer and President of Dana Holding Corporation from January 2010 to December 2011 and as Vice Chairman of Dana Holding Corporation from January 2009 to December 2009. Mr. Convis served as Chief Executive Officer and President of Dana Holding Corporation from April 2008 to December 2008. From 2003 to 2007, Mr. Convis served as an Executive Vice President of Toyota Motor Engineering & Manufacturing North America, Inc. and as Managing Officer of Toyota Motor Corp from May 2003 to July 2007. He started his career with Toyota in 1984 as part of the start-up team for New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc., Toyota's joint venture with General Motors. Additionally, Mr. Convis served 18 years with Ford Motor Corporation following a three-year tenure with General Motors. Mr. Convis has served on the Board for a number of companies, including Toyota Motor Manufacturing Kentucky Inc., where he served as Chairman of the Board (from May 2003 to July 2007); Cooper-Standard Holdings Inc. (from 2007 to May 2010); Dana Holding Corporation (from January 2008 to December 2009); and Achates Power, Inc. (since 2007) a developer of internal combustion engines.
Commenting on the announcement, Jeffrey T. Gill, president and chief executive officer of Sypris Solutions, said, "We are very pleased to have Gary join our board. Gary’s successful, highly-profiled executive leadership experience with Toyota, GM, Ford and Dana, is expected to be of invaluable resource to Sypris as we continue to develop our global position as a leading supplier to the commercial vehicle, off highway and automotive industries."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV