Rockwell Automation (NYSE: ROK) today announced that it has agreed to purchase Jacobs Automation, the leader in intelligent track motion control technology. Jacobs Automation provides a motion control solution called the iTRAK System. This technology improves performance across a wide range of packaging, material handling, and other applications for the global machine builder market.
“The combination of iTRAK technology with our Integrated Architecture will be a game changer for machine builders,” said Victor Swint, vice president, motion control business, Rockwell Automation. “It will provide customers with new technology to enhance performance and flexibility so they can quickly respond to changing market demands.”
iTRAK’s technology enables independent control of multiple magnetically propelled movers on straight and curved paths. The system enables machine and equipment builders to reduce cost and complexity, while allowing end users to standardize on one platform for better optimization, improved reliability, and faster system deployment.
“iTRAK is a disruptive technology providing faster speed and greater flexibility for machine builders,” said Keith Jacobs, president, Jacobs Automation. “This integrated solution will increase productivity, reduce energy consumption and provide more rapid changeovers by adjusting machine speed and geometry during operations. Rockwell Automation has the resources and presence with global OEMs to make it a new industry standard.”Jacobs Automation, based in Erlanger, Ky., will be integrated into Rockwell Automation's motion business, within its Architecture & Software segment. The acquisition is expected to close January 2014. As a member of the Rockwell Automation PartnerNetwork™, Jacobs Automation will exhibit at the Automation Fair event Nov. 13-14 at the George C. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas, USA.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV