Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
HOKA ONE ONE
®, designers of the revolutionary oversized cushioned running shoe with engineered midsole geometry and a division of Deckers Outdoor Corporation (NASDAQ: DECK), is proud to announce that its Bondi B2 running shoe has been nominated for Shoe of the Year by the Independent Running Retailers Association (IRRA).
An honor on many levels, the Shoe of the Year must meet the following criteria of the IRRA, the retail association that is comprised of hundreds of specialty running retailers:
- The product must be a new product, a consistently dependable product, or significantly improved product from the previous year.
- The product must compete, where it didn't a year ago, in its category or within the spectrum of its category.
- The product must exhibit consistently good sell-through.
- The product must allow for a Consistent Replenishment Program (In-stock/ quick delivery).
- The product must profitable to the retailer.
"The entire HOKA ONE ONE team is extremely proud to be recognized by the IRRA," said
Jim Van Dine
, President of HOKA ONE ONE. "At HOKA ONE ONE, we're focused on providing runners with the best-in-class innovation, style and performance throughout our entire product line. Our business and passion is to inspire runners and the Bondi B2 reflects that, so it's gratifying to see this recognition of our passion and focus," said
The Bondi B2 for men and women features an oversized HOKA ONE ONE proprietary CMEVA midsole providing an unmatched combination of high performance cushioning, lower heel drop offset, with an inherently stable ride. An early stage Meta-Rocker is designed to help increase economy of running performance and an accurate foot roll through the gait cycle. A layered and highly breathable upper construction provides a secure fit, making it the ideal shoe for runners looking for an ultra lightweight, stable, and performance cushion running shoe.