Adding to its commitment to the American retail industry as a vital sector of the country's economy, University of Phoenix, one of the nation’s largest private universities, and Stein Mart today announced a new scholarship program for employees of the nationwide retailer.
“Our University of Phoenix alliance helps us to develop internal talent, resulting in enhanced associate engagement and alignment with more broadly developed business and management competencies,” said Hunt Hawkins, executive vice president at Stein Mart.
"We're committed to our students' desires to see degree programs align with career prospects in the retail industry," said Barry Feierstein, chief business operating officer of University of Phoenix. "We offer a wide range of programs that offer the opportunity to acquire skills aligned with the needs of important employers, like Stein Mart."
The 2013 University of Phoenix/Stein Mart Scholarship recipients include:
- Patricia Tran, Chino Hills, Calif., enrolling in a bachelor’s degree program in business with a concentration in management.
- Julie Cascarelli, Poway, Calif., enrolling in a bachelor’s degree program in business with a concentration in management.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV