NEW YORK (
(NWSA), owner of the
Wall Street Journal, was falling in post-market trading as the publishing company posted sales that missed analyst forecasts, sparking investor concern about its legacy print business.
News Corp., controlled by Rupert Murdoch, reported $2.07 billion in revenue for the New York-based company's fiscal first quarter, falling short of an average $2.18 billion estimate of eight analysts surveyed by Bloomberg. News Corp., which was reporting its first full quarter since splitting its film and television businesses in June into 21st Century Fox (FOXA), said that free cash flow for the quarter was negative $10 million.
Shares were falling 2.4% to $17.01 in post-market trading after closing at $17.42. News Corp has gained 10% since the company began trading separate shares from 21st Century Fox on June 19.
-- By Leon Lazaroff in New York
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV