Today's Post-Market Loser: Hologic (HOLX)
- HOLX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $68.4 million.
- HOLX is down 6.7% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HOLX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HOLX NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HOLX: Hologic, Inc. develops, manufactures, and supplies diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products for women. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Hologic a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for Hologic has been 3.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Hologic has a market cap of $6.0 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.59 and a short float of 6.4% with 3.37 days to cover. Shares are up 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Hologic as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally higher debt management risk. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 26.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 33.1%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 243.04% to $246.30 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HOLOGIC INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -58.97%.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Current return on equity is lower than its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of weakness within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, HOLOGIC INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 146.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $23.59 million to -$10.95 million.
- You can view the full Hologic Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts