ST. LOUIS, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Nidec Corporation, headquartered in Kyoto, Japan, has named Kei Pang Chief Executive Officer of Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC). Mr. Pang, who has served NMC as President and COO since April 2012, replaces Patrick Murphy, who resigned his position in October.
Mr. Pang has been with the company since 1984, when it was known as Emerson Motor Company. He has worked in multiple leadership positions across a variety of businesses, including serving as President of Commercial and Industrial Motors prior to the company being acquired by Nidec Corporation in 2010.
About Nidec Motor Corporation: St. Louis, MO-based Nidec Motor Corporation (NMC) is a leading manufacturer of commercial, industrial, and appliance motors and controls. The NMC product line features a full line of high efficiency motors, large and small, which serve industrial, residential and commercial markets in applications ranging from water treatment, mining, oil and gas, and power generation to pool and spa motors, air conditioning condensers, rooftop cooling towers, and commercial refrigeration. It also makes motors, controls, and switches for automotive and commercial markets. Brands include U.S. Motors ®, SR Drives ®, Hurst ®, Rescue ®, ECOTECH EZ ®.Parent company Nidec Corporation (NYSE: NJ) is the world's leading manufacturer of small precision motors, including motors used in hard and optical disk drives. The company has extended its focus beyond the information storage motor market to the home appliance and automotive markets, where it sees high future growth potential. For more information, visit www.nidec-motor.com. SOURCE Nidec Motor Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV