Analysts surveyed by Yahoo! Finance expect third-quarter profit of 28 cents a share on $51.2 million in revenue.
NQ has been slowly recouping losses since investment firm Muddy Waters initiated a "strong sell" rating, claiming the Chinese telecom had doctored financials and misrepresented business partnerships.
Investors have begun to regain confidence in the stock after management addressed the "false allegations" and took actions to prove the validity of its cash assets.Despite the run up in shares today, NQ Mobile is still down 41.4% since the report was released on Oct. 24. TheStreet Ratings team rates NQ Mobile Inc -ADR as a Hold with a ratings score of C+. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation: "We rate NQ Mobile Inc -ADR (NQ) a HOLD. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share." Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- NQ's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 107.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- NQ has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.7, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, NQ's share price has jumped by 63.73%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Software industry. The net income has decreased by 8.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $2.08 million to $1.91 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, NQ MOBILE INC -ADR's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: NQ Ratings Report