There is worrisome news about the PS4 as well. Sony recently released a massive FAQ detailing the launch titles and features, and many have been cut or will be disabled at launch, resulting in a sizable backlash from the gamer community.
- The PS4 requires a day-one firmware patch to enable several features.
- It will not support Suspend/Resume at launch.
- And the PS4 will not support the ability to connect an external hard drive for additional storage.
With next-generation AAA games clocking in at 50gb install sizes for a digital release, the PS4’s initial 500gb hard drive size could fill up very fast. PS4 users can swap out the internal hard drive as long as it falls within certain specifications.
Gamers are most upset however about Sony’s decision to cut media server support. Current game consoles support third party media server software, to allow users to stream music and video content from their PCs or other devices to their console for playback.
With this change, gamers will likely be forced to purchase media from the Sony store, which some see as an unnecessary extra cost for people who enjoy playing games to their own soundtrack.Launch problems in a new console are not unheard of. The Xbox 360 and PS3 both suffered from crippling hardware problems at launch, that were corrected in later iterations of hardware. But will this keep early adopters at home on release day? Click on the interactive chart below to see data over time. Will the new console generation get off to a smooth start? Use the list below as a starting point for your own analysis. 1. Microsoft Corporation ( MSFT): Develops, licenses, and supports a range of software products and services for various computing devices worldwide. Market cap at $259.95B, most recent closing price at $31.15.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV