Construction is nearing completion on Issaquah Highlands’ shopping and entertainment district, Grand Ridge Plaza. The center, which broke ground in summer 2012, with its first opening, Regal Cinemas, occurring July 2013, is in the midst of its busiest rollout stretch, featuring the grand opening of the center’s anchor Safeway grocery store.
Safeway, one of Grand Ridge Plaza's newest anchor stores (Photo: Business Wire)
Throughout September and October, Grand Ridge Plaza welcomed more than a dozen new merchants, including Opal Boutique, PinkaBella Cupcakes, MOD Pizza, ULTA Beauty, Dick’s Sporting Goods, The RAM Restaurant & Brewery, Big Fish Grill, Wells Fargo, and Civilized Nature and Chinoise Cafe. October 25 saw the peak of this busy season with the launch of the center’s anchor stores – the new Safeway as well as Marshalls and HomeGoods.
“Arriving just in time for the holidays, Safeway is providing local residents with the high-quality neighborhood grocery store that they have so desperately wanted and needed, and the retail stores will offer the community a centralized location to meet all of their holiday shopping needs,” said Craig Ramey, senior vice president, senior market officer, Regency Centers. “Grand Ridge Plaza will be a premier community and entertainment destination for Issaquah in the years to come.”
The center will host grand opening events for the community November 16 and 17 to showcase its mix of regional and national restaurants and specialty stores. Featured at the grand opening on November 16 will be former Seattle Seahawks’ Defensive Tackle, Cortez Kennedy, who will be signing autographs from 1 – 3pm. Additional attractions that weekend will include appearances by the Sea Gals, Blue Thunder band and Blitz, the Seahawk mascot. A drawing will be held for an autographed football and several merchants will celebrate with special promotions and giveaways throughout the weekend.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV