TORONTO, Nov. 11, 2013 /CNW/ - CIBC (TSX: CM) (NYSE: CM) announced today it is donating $100,000 to the Canadian Red Cross to assist with relief efforts in the Philippines, following the devastation caused by the recent typhoon.
"The typhoon in the Philippines has caused widespread destruction and is having a tragic impact on people and families," said Larry Tomei, Senior Vice President, National Sales and Service, CIBC. "In the wake of the storm, we are joining our clients and employees in supporting urgently needed relief efforts through the Canadian Red Cross."
This week, CIBC branches across the country will also be joining the relief effort by accepting donations from clients on behalf of the Canadian Red Cross.
About CIBC CIBC is committed to supporting causes that matter to our clients, employees and our communities. We aim to make a difference in communities through corporate donations, sponsorships and the volunteer spirit of employees. With a strategic focus on Kids, Cures and Community, and employee commitment to causes including the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure, the CIBC Children's Foundation and United Way, we are investing in the social and economic development of communities across the country. In 2012, CIBC group of companies contributed more than
$38 million to charitable and non-profit initiatives in
Canada to support national, regional and local organizations. To learn more, visit
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV