- 1. Overall job placement levels in the IT industry are "healthy," with an overall job placement level of 78% for those with a college degree (although the study doesn't say how long it takes to get placed).
- 2. Undergraduate and graduate IT students fare well right out of the gate in terms of salary. Undergrads walk into technology industry jobs that pay $57,212, on average, while students with a master's degree earn, on average, $65,394 annually.
- 3. Most IT grads find industry posts linked closely to their college degrees; 73% of new graduates find landing spots in the most common areas of information technology, financial services IT, systems analysts and business and consulting services.
- 4. A major plurality (76%) of college students who land an IT job seem to love their jobs, while another 73% believe they'll have a long future in the industry.
4 Reasons Tech Students Get to Feel Superior
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts