On 11/13/13, TCF Financial Corp.'s 6.45% Series B Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock (TCB.PRC) will trade ex-dividend, for its quarterly dividend of $0.4031, payable on 12/2/13. As a percentage of TCB.PRC's recent share price of $22.61, this dividend works out to approximately 1.78%, so look for shares of TCB.PRC to trade 1.78% lower — all else being equal — when TCB.PRC shares open for trading on 11/13/13. On an annualized basis, the current yield is approximately 7.17%, which compares to an average yield of 5.84% in the "Financial" preferred stock category, according to Preferred Stock Channel.
As of last close, TCB.PRC was trading at a 10.00% discount to its liquidation preference amount. Investors should keep in mind that the shares are not cumulative, meaning that in the event of a missed payment, the company does not have to pay the balance of missed dividends to preferred shareholders before resuming a common dividend. The chart below shows the one year performance of TCB.PRC shares, versus TCB:
Below is a dividend history chart for TCB.PRC, showing historical dividends prior to the most recent $0.4031 on TCF Financial Corp.'s 6.45% Series B Non-Cumulative Perpetual Preferred Stock :
According to the ETF Finder at ETF Channel, TCF Financial Corp. (TCB) makes up 2.19% of the SPDR S&P Bank ETF (KBE) which is trading lower by about 0.2% on the day Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV