- Removing phosphorus from its category-leading Turfbuilder® brand lawn food maintenance products
- Increasing the amount of slow release nitrogen in the company's lawn food products to boost feeding efficiency and reduce potential runoff and leaching
- Partnering with the National Association of Conservation Districts to educate homeowners on sustainable lawn care practices through a Backyard Conservation program.
- Last spring in Texas, Scotts launched Texas Water Smart®, a public/private partnership that has become the state's largest consumer water conservation and education initiative in just over a year, leveraging the company's marketing expertise and resources to help bring critical water conservation messaging to consumers across the drought-plagued state. The initiative, which includes advertising, point of sale information, educational materials and workshops, now includes hundreds of elected officials, including Texas Agricultural Commissioner Todd Staples. It also counts many water authority officials, major retailers, industry representatives and other utilities and companies committed to drought relief.
- Taking advantage of the direct to consumer education opportunity, TurfBuilder® brand product packaging now includes environmental stewardship practices for consumers.
- This past spring in Florida, Scotts radio advertising carried a message reminding consumers to keep lawn food products on lawns, where they help to grow healthy grass, and off of driveways and impervious surfaces where they could be washed away into local waterways.
- The company's commitment to water quality has also been demonstrated in its market-leading applicator innovations like its EdgeGuard® technology and SNAP® spreader system that help consumers make sure fertilizer stays on their lawns and that the right amounts are applied.
Scotts Miracle-Gro Encourages Officials To Consider Home Landscapes "The Original Green Infrastructure"
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts