The Boston Red Sox and Monster.com, the worldwide leader in successfully connecting people to job opportunities and flagship brand of Monster Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: MWW), today announced that Centerville, Virginia native Brett Miller has been hired as a the first member of the club’s inaugural Rotational Business Initiative (RBI).
The Red Sox and Monster announced their collaboration and search for a candidate in July, and through Monster.com and its Cool Jobs program, screened thousands of applicants for the new position.
In his role, Miller will assist various departments within the Red Sox organization, including Ballpark Operations, Marketing, Fan Services & Entertainment, and Premium & Group Sales.
A graduate of Old Dominion University (ODU) in Norfolk, Virginia, Miller received his Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and was a member of the school’s Division I wrestling team. He also served as an Athletic Operations intern at ODU and is a member of the school’s Student Athletic Advisory Committee (SACC).“Boston is the epicenter of all things sports and I am excited to be working in this great city and to be part of the Red Sox organization,” said Miller. “I believe this opportunity will bring together my passion for sports and my business background. The Rotational Business Initiative will allow me to experience a number of different areas that support the daily operations of the franchise.” Miller will begin his new role at the Red Sox on Wednesday, November 13. He will be introduced to fans during a pregame ceremony at Fenway Park during the 2014 season. “With more than 55,000 applicants for this role, Monster was instrumental in navigating the pool of applicants and helping with evaluations,” said Red Sox Senior Vice President/Corporate Sponsorships Troup Parkinson. “We look forward to working with Brett, and thank Monster for their help finding the right candidate for this position.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV