MILPITAS, Calif., Nov. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Intersil Corporation (Nasdaq:ISIL), a leading provider of innovative power management and precision analog solutions, today expanded its industry-leading family of power management ICs with a highly-integrated, innovative digital DC/DC power controller that reduces design risk, time, and cost for developers of complex power systems.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=22128
The ZL8800 is a Dual Channel/Dual Phase controller that utilizes a ChargeMode control loop technology to deliver fast transient response without the need for compensation, reducing design time. It provides best-in-class transient response for digital Point of Loads (POLs), saving on output capacitance and board space, important benefits for the advanced power systems found in the latest generation of base-stations, routers, and similar infrastructure designs.These complex systems require designers to fully control and monitor every power rail in order to maximize reliability, and typically use monitors and sequencers to provide added functionality around the POL converters. The ZL8800 integrates all of these functions, so a designer can monitor and control every aspect of the power supply through a PMBus™ interface, without the need for additional parts. Telemetric data is available on the power supply, including temperature, input current, output current, input voltage, output voltage and fault status. Each ZL8800 output can operate independently or together in a dual phase configuration for high current applications. The device supports a wide range of output voltages (0.54V to 5.5V) operating from input voltages from 4.5V up to 14V.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV