Businesses can now optimize their network bandwidth and offer even more productivity and convenience to employees with a new, first-to-market offer, Sprint Cloud Optimizer, now available with Microsoft’s cloud productivity solution Office 365 offered by Sprint (NYSE: S). It features caching technology that lets users enjoy the collaboration functionality of Office 365 and SharePoint Online as well as read access to customer-selected public websites from virtually anywhere, even if they have limited or no Internet access.
Sprint Cloud Optimizer is initially available for PCs and laptops and can benefit a wide variety of work scenarios, including keeping employees connected while in transit between meetings, providing an option when employees have only high-cost connectivity available to them while traveling, and supporting remote employees and those working in areas where an optimal connection may not be available. It also frees up bandwidth for other cloud-based and business applications that share the same bandwidth, allowing businesses to better manage network capacity challenges.
With Sprint Cloud Optimizer, Office 365 users gain these key benefits:
- Continuous and seamless offline access to SharePoint Online sites and documents. As a result, when users are offline or experiencing bandwidth constraints they can still read and edit SharePoint forms and pages, as well as Microsoft Office documents. The feature also allows offline reading of non-password-protected Web pages, so users can take their favorite Web content with them, whether connected or not. Offline optimization offers service interruption protection by ensuring an “always-on” experience for all users, allowing them to be productive no matter where they wish to work.
- Bandwidth optimization reduces network traffic associated with Office 365 and other public websites, enabling more efficient use of a WAN.
- When online, users can enjoy accelerated Web browsing as cache technology reduces the downloaded content. Pages and documents may load faster so users are more productive.
“Sprint Cloud Optimizer offers yet another valuable capability that helps companies enjoy even greater productivity, while also reducing the impact of customer network congestion and other remote-working challenges,” said Wayne Ward, vice president of business and product development, Sprint. “Employees can work virtually anywhere and have all the benefits of remote cloud-based access to Office 365 plus enjoy Web content when offline, while their company can save from more efficient bandwidth utilization.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts