Ameriprise Financial (AMP) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- AMP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $133.3 million.
- AMP has traded 1.7 million shares today.
- AMP is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AMP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AMP NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on AMP: Ameriprise Financial, Inc., through its subsidiaries, provides a range of financial products and services in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. AMP has a PE ratio of 15.1. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Ameriprise Financial a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold. The average volume for Ameriprise Financial has been 997,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ameriprise Financial has a market cap of $19.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.79 and a short float of 1.1% with 1.66 days to cover. Shares are up 63.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Ameriprise Financial as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 13.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. In comparison to the other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 135.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 72.24% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, AMP should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 120.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $173.00 million to $382.00 million.
- 48.71% is the gross profit margin for AMERIPRISE FINANCIAL INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 13.54% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Ameriprise Financial Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.