CHARLOTTE, N.C., Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems is proud to support the nation's veterans with several events, highlighted by the presentation of $100,000 to Wounded Warrior Project® (WWP) at its ISR (Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance) facility in Hood River, Ore., on Veterans Day. This will be the fourth consecutive year that the ISR Systems business has supported Wounded Warrior Project, a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization whose mission is to honor and empower Wounded Warriors. Other events will include CrossFit™ fundraising challenges, events honoring veteran employees and other activities across all ISR Systems locations. UTC Aerospace Systems is a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX).
Tom Bergeron, president ISR Systems said, "Providing the warfighter with the advanced tools and technology is just part of the commitment UTC Aerospace Systems makes to service personnel and their families. Our continued contributions to WWP are important to us as an organization, and to our employees."
"We are grateful for the support UTC Aerospace is providing to help Wounded Warrior Project's programs and services," said Adam Silva, chief development officer of Wounded Warrior Project. "While the financial support is tremendous, they are also doing their part to build awareness of the challenges Wounded Warriors face by inviting members of our Warrior Speak team to address their employees in five locations throughout the country. We're honored by their commitment to the Warriors we serve."
Over 50,000 servicemen and women have been injured in the recent military conflicts. In addition to the physical wounds, it is estimated as many as 400,000 service members live with the invisible wounds of war including combat-related stress, major depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder. Another 320,000 are believed to have experienced a traumatic brain injury while on deployment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV