TARRYTOWN, N.Y., Nov. 11, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Progenics Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:PGNX) today announced its results of operations for the quarter and nine months ended September 30.
Net loss for the quarter was $10.5 million or $0.17 diluted per share, compared to net loss of $11.3 million or $0.33 diluted per share in the 2012 period. Net loss for the current nine months was $34.0 million or $0.63 diluted per share, compared to $35.1 million or $1.04 diluted per share in 2012. Progenics ended the quarter with cash, cash equivalents and securities of $77.8 million, a decrease of $3.6 million for the quarter and an increase of $15.7 million from 2012 year-end.
Third quarter revenue totaled $0.9 million, down from $1.1 million in 2012. Nine months 2013 revenue was $4.9 million, down from $5.2 million in the prior year period. Royalty income for the 2013 and prior year third quarters was $0.7 million, based on Relistor ® net sales (in millions) reported to Progenics by Salix, summarized in the table below. Reported global gross sales for the third quarter were almost flat as compared to the previous quarter, while global net sales decreased quarter-over-quarter. Salix has attributed the gross-to-net difference to product returns.
|Three Months Ended||Nine Months Ended|
|September 30,||June 30,||September 30,|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV