MUMBAI and BALTIMORE, November 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Pharma Major Lupin Limited (Lupin) announced today that its US subsidiary, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (LPI) has launched its generic Rabeprazole Sodium delayed-release tablets, 20mg. Lupin had earlier received final approval from the US FDA for the same.
Lupin's Rabeprazole Sodium delayed-release tablets, 20mg, are the generic equivalent of Eisai Inc.'s Aciphex® delayed-release tablets, 20mg, and are indicated for the treatment of Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD). Aciphex® delayed-release tablets, 20mg, had annual U.S sales of approximately US$ 864.3 million (IMS MAT Jun 2013).
About Lupin LimitedLupin is an innovation led transnational pharmaceutical company producing and developing a wide range of branded and generic formulations and APIs globally. The Company is a significant player in the Cardiovascular, Diabetology, Asthma, Pediatric, CNS, GI, Anti-Infective and NSAID space and holds global leadership positions in the Anti-TB and Cephalosporin segment. Lupin is the 5th largest and fastest growing top 5 generics player in the US (5.3% market share by prescriptions, IMS Health) and the 3rd largest Indian pharmaceutical company by sales. The Company is also the fastest growing top 10 generic pharmaceutical players in Japan and South Africa (IMS). For the financial year ended March 2013, Lupin's Consolidated turnover and Profit after Tax were Rs. 94,616 million ( USD 1.74 billion) and Rs. 13,142 million ( USD 242 million) respectively. Please visit http://www.lupinworld.com for more information. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is dedicated to delivering high-quality, affordable generic medicines and branded formulations trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across geographies. For more information, visit http://www.lupinpharmaceuticals.com For more information, please contact -
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV