Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ:MDSO), the leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for clinical research in life sciences, today announced that its Board of Directors approved a two-for-one (2:1) split of the Company's common stock at a regularly scheduled board meeting on November 7, 2013. The stock split will be structured in the form of a stock dividend.
The record date for the stock split is December 2, 2013. Shareholders of record as of such date will receive one new share of common stock for each share that they own. The distribution of the new shares will be made on December 16, 2013, and trading on a split-adjusted basis is expected to begin on or about December 17, 2013.
Medidata had approximately 26.8 million shares of common stock outstanding as of November 7, 2013. The stock split will increase the common shares outstanding to approximately 53.6 million.
About Medidata SolutionsMedidata Solutions is the leading global provider of cloud-based solutions for clinical research in life sciences, transforming clinical development through its advanced applications and intelligent data analytics. The Medidata Clinical Cloud™ brings new levels of productivity and quality to the clinical testing of promising medical treatments, from study design and planning through execution, management and reporting. We are committed to advancing the competitive and scientific goals of our global customers, which include over 90% of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies; innovative biotech, diagnostic and device firms; leading academic medical centers; and contract research organizations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV