Several prominent proponents of Mediasite by Sonic Foundry Inc. (NASDAQ: SOFO), the trusted leader for video content management and webcasting solutions, will present at The Sloan Consortium’s 19 th Annual International Conference on Online Learning next week.
Sonic Foundry, a Coast-to-Coast technology partner of the conference Nov. 20 to 22, will record these sessions for the public to watch on-demand.
- To Flip or Not to Flip: The Comprehensive Study of Flipped Classrooms, Sean Brown, Senior Vice President, Sonic Foundry
- Just Flip It: From the Front Lines of the Flipped Classroom, Clemson University professor Ralph Welsh
The following will also be presented at the conference for onsite attendees only.
- From Flipped Classroom to Dual Enrollment: How ENMU Achieved Campus-Wide Capture in 12 Months, Eastern New Mexico University dean Mary Fanelli Ayala
- How University of Wisconsin-La Crosse Transformed Online Learning Modules Into A MOOC, University of Wisconsin-La Crosse director of academic technology services Jim Jorstad, along with Robert Hoar, director of the Institute for Innovation in Undergraduate Research & Learning, associate vice chancellor for academic affairs and math professor
- Supporting the First Major E-Learning Project in Nigeria, Michigan Virtual University vice president of operations Kirby Milton, along with Bunmi Akinyemiju of Venture Garden Group
In addition, Mediasite will live webcast the keynote and plenary sessions, featured sessions, select information sessions and key vendor sessions. Online audiences will be able to watch live from their desktops or mobile devices, and the recordings will be archived for on-demand viewing post-conference. This is the sixth year Sloan-C has offered attendees a blended or hybrid conference via Mediasite for this event. Virtual packages may be purchased on the Sloan Consortium website, http://sloanconsortium.org/conference/2013/aln/virtual-attendance.“By making our conference a hybrid event, we’re allowing those unable to attend in person in Florida due to budget or time restrictions to still get the full experience. They can still interact with other attendees and ask speakers questions using the virtual attendance option via Mediasite,” said Kathleen S. Ives D.M., acting chief executive officer and executive director of Sloan-C. “We’re excited to continue our long-standing relationship with Sonic Foundry to reach a global audience.”