Further information on ViroPharma
ViroPharma is a leading rare disease company with CINRYZE, a high growth product for prophylactic treatment of HAE, as well as a number of other marketed products and a pipeline of product candidates in the rare disease space. ViroPharma generated total worldwide net revenues of $428 million in 2012. Total worldwide net revenues are forecast by ViroPharma to be in the range of $445 million to $465 million in 2013.
Further information on CINRYZE
In the United States, CINRYZE is indicated for routine prophylaxis against HAE attacks in adolescent and adult patients.HAE is a rare genetic disease characterized by recurrent sudden attacks of swelling of the skin or the mucous membranes which can be disfiguring, painful and potentially life-threatening in the case of laryngeal attacks. Shire believes that of the approximately 8,000 patients in the U.S. with HAE, the disease is only actively managed in about 3,500 patients. CINRYZE was approved with orphan drug designation in October 2008 and has grown rapidly since launch in 2009 to generate revenues of $321 million in the U.S. in 2012. On October 31, 2013, ViroPharma forecasted CINRYZE net revenues in North America in 2013 to be between $395 million and $405 million. Shire believes there is a significant opportunity for future revenue growth, in both the U.S. and ex-U.S. markets, as new HAE patients are identified and treated and additional physicians gain experience with this important therapy. Current consensus estimates [ 1 ] for global CINRYZE sales forecast strong revenue growth in the coming years. CINRYZE has US orphan drug exclusivity which expires in 2015 and US biologics data exclusivity until 2020. With CINRYZE in its portfolio, Shire will be able to offer broader outreach to HAE patients and a continuum of care alongside FIRAZYR.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV