CHICAGO, Nov. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cars.com, the premier online resource for buying and selling new and used cars, has named the 2014 Kia Forte the winner of the site's Compact Sedan Challenge. The challenge put seven compacts against each other in a series of expert and car shopper testing to determine which was the best overall compact sedan. In addition to the winning 2014 Kia Forte, other competitors included the 2014 Ford Focus, 2013 Honda Civic, 2013 Hyundai Elantra, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 2013 Nissan Sentra and 2014 Toyota Corolla.
"The Forte truly stood out against the competition," said Patrick Olsen, Cars.com's Editor-in-Chief. "Between its dynamic exterior styling, impressive standard features for the price and excellent ride and handling, the 2014 Forte is a well-rounded car that checks off all the boxes of the perfect, affordable compact sedan."
Experts from Cars.com, USA Today, MotorWeek and a car shopper in the market for a new compact sedan tested the seven cars over several days and compared overall features, comfort, fuel efficiency and drivability.Tests included:
- 200 miles of driving on varying roads to test each car for real-world fuel economy.
- One day of round-robin driving where each expert tested each car on the same route back-to-back to gather overall impressions on drive, features and comfort.
- Testing by a car shopper in the market for a compact sedan who evaluated each car's overall comfort, features, styling and drivability.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV