Glory Days Was Glorious For Young American Katie Dinan In The $50,000 Weston Canadian Open At The CSI4*-W Royal Horse Show In Toronto
TORONTO, Nov. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - The phrase "We have a jump off!" is commonly heard around the horse show ring, but it's rarely, if ever, heard following a speed class at a four-star international event.
Tonight the 'one-in-a-million' happened.
Veteran American rider Laura Kraut ( Middleburg, VA) put in an incredible round in what, under normal circumstances would have been the first and only round of the $50,000 Weston Canadian Open, at Toronto's Royal Horse Show. Woodstock O galloped, turned, lengthened and shortened his stride and put in some incredible jumping efforts, stopping the clock in an astonishingly quick 60.83 seconds.
Then a few horses later, Katie Dinan ( Wellington, FL) and Glory Days did EXACTLY the same thing. And so - we had a jump off.Dinan, 20, is a student of Biology at Harvard University. She has had an exceptionally busy Royal as she had to commute back to Boston yesterday to write an exam this morning and fly back into Toronto before tonight's class. "Sometimes I think it all happens so fast that I don't have enough time to stress myself out." said Dinan. "I'm very lucky that I'm in a position where I can miss a day here and the people taking care of Glory are so on top of him; everything is under control and I can just show up for the class and that's a really lucky position to be in. I am very thankful for the team we have." "I had looked at the jump off when we walked the course, only because I had done a little bit of a double-take - you don't usually see a jump-off course on a speed diagram. But I never actually thought I'd be jumping it!" laughed Dinan after the class.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV