Government Of Canada Supports The Coaching Association Of Canada
CALGARY, Nov. 8, 2013 /CNW/ - The Honourable Bal Gosal, Minister of State (Sport), today announced Government of Canada funding to the Coaching Association of Canada (CAC) for 2013-2014. The announcement was made at the 2013 Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Conference Awards Gala in Calgary.
"The 350,000 coaches who train our athletes from the early stages of sport participation to the highest levels of performance play a vital role. This is why our Government is pleased to provide funding to the Coaching Association of Canada," said Minister of State Gosal. "We also commend the CAC for its great work in engaging its partners in the coaching community in order to strengthen Canada's sport system."
"The Coaching Association of Canada is extremely grateful to the Government of Canada for its continued support of coaching in Canada," said Lorraine Lafrenière, CEO of the CAC. "With this generous support, we will continue to work with our sport partners to develop the world-leading National Coaching Certification Program's face-to-face workshops and to enhance the technology that will help us to track coach training and build innovative eLearning opportunities that will enable us to grow the base of trained and certified coaches in Canada."
The CAC unites stakeholders and partners in its commitment to raising the skills and stature of coaches, and ultimately expanding their reach and influence. Through its programs, the CAC empowers coaches with knowledge and skills, promotes ethics, fosters positive attitudes, builds competence, and increases the credibility and recognition of coaches.The Petro-Canada Sport Leadership Conference is an annual event organized by the CAC. It brings together more than 750 coaches, sport administrators, coach educators, and sport scientists for three days to learn, network, and celebrate achievements.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV