Trade-Ideas: Health Care REIT (HCN) Is Today's Post-Market Leader Stock
- HCN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $104.1 million.
- HCN is up 4.9% today from today's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HCN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HCN NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on HCN: Health Care REIT, Inc. is an independent equity real estate investment trust. The firm engages in acquiring, planning, developing, managing, repositioning and monetizing of real estate assets. It primarily invests in the real estate markets of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.8%. HCN has a PE ratio of 86.7. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Health Care REIT a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. The average volume for Health Care REIT has been 1.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Health Care REIT has a market cap of $18.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 4.5% with 6.35 days to cover. Shares are up 3.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Health Care REIT as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HCN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.7%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- HEALTH CARE REIT INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, HEALTH CARE REIT INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.42 versus $0.34 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.66 versus $0.42).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HEALTH CARE REIT INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for HEALTH CARE REIT INC is rather low; currently it is at 21.57%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.19% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Health Care REIT Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, uncovers low dollar stocks with extraordinary upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Jim Cramer's protégé, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.