3. ACADIA Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (ACAD): Focuses on drug discovery and clinical development of novel treatments for central nervous system disorders.
Market cap at $1.755B, most recent closing price at $20.89.
Over the last six months, insiders were net buyers of 3,964,834 shares, which represents about 8.04% of the company's 49.34M share float.
ACADIA Pharmaceuticals has returned -23.80% since October 7th, falling considerably behind several industry peers including Gilead Sciences and Amgen, which returned 9.05% and 2.82% during the same time period.In the pipeline: During the company's third quarter earnings call, CEO Uli Hacksell stated that ACADIA is on track to submit a new drug application for its pimavanserin medication - specifically for the treatment of Parkinson's disease psychosis (PDP) – to the FDA near the end of 2014. Pimavanserin is also in clinical trials for the treatment of schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease psychosis; ACADIA completed its Phase 2 trial for schizophrenia last year and will commence the Phase 2 trial for Alzheimer's disease psychosis (ADP) this month. Currently no drugs have been approved for the treatment of either PDP or ADP in the US. (List compiled by Mary-Lynn Cesar, a Kapitall Writer. Insider data sourced from Yahoo! Finance. Analyst ratings data sourced from Zacks Investment Research. All other data sourced from Finviz)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV