Michigan Public Universities Boosting Support Of America's Military Veterans
LANSING, Mich., Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Presidents Council, State Universities of Michigan today announced all of the Michigan 15 public universities are providing in-state tuition for all veterans, regardless of their state of residency or active duty status.
In the past, Michigan's universities had provided in-state tuition for all active duty military members and their dependents. Now, public universities are committed to providing a similar benefit to veterans, ensuring that all who have and currently serve our nation in the military, from any state in the nation, can attend any of Michigan's highly regarded public universities at in-state tuition rates.
In addition, the Michigan 15 public universities have joined with the state's community colleges to establish the Consortium of Michigan Veteran Educators. The Consortium shares best practices and provide seamless integration to improve the support and services for our active military and veterans' population, to increase the number of service members and their families who take advantage of the educational benefits that are available to them and increase graduation rates.
" Michigan's public universities are providing valuable services to active duty members of the military, veterans, and in many cases, to their dependents," said Michael A. Boulus, executive director of the President Council. " Michigan's public universities are dedicated to supporting active military personnel, veterans and their families. We will be working around the state as we celebrate our military men and women on Veterans Day to make sure the word gets out: Michigan's universities value veterans and are committed to helping them get degrees that are vital to success in today's knowledge economy."Among the special assistance Michigan's universities are making available to members of the military and veterans:
- Providing a single point of university service contact for student veterans, from interest in attending through to their graduation.
- Offering a single point of contact for student veterans at job placement offices.
- Working with their community, US Veterans Affairs offices, Michigan Veterans Affairs Agency, County Veteran Counselors offices and other points of contacts to assist student Veterans with jobs, healthcare and benefits, housing and other needs.
- Offering a Student Veteran Association (SVA) or a student group for Veterans.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts