SAN DIEGO, Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Shareholder rights attorneys at Robbins Arroyo LLP are investigating the proposed acquisition of Santarus, Inc. (NASDAQ: SNTS) by Salix Pharmaceuticals, Ltd. (NASDAQ: SLXP). Santarus and Salix announced the signing of a definitive merger agreement pursuant to which Salix will acquire Santarus. Under the terms of the agreement, holders of Santarus will receive $32.00 in cash for each share owned.
Is the Merger Best for Santarus and Its Shareholders?
Robbins Arroyo LLP's investigation focuses on whether the board of directors at Santarus is undertaking a fair process to obtain maximum value and adequately compensate Santarus shareholders in the merger. Notably, Santarus is currently experiencing success and growth in its business prospects, as indicated in its November 7, 2013 press release announcing the company's financial results for its third quarter 2013. In particular, Santarus reported substantial increases in:
- Total revenue growth of 81% to $98.8 million, compared to 54.7% million for the same quarter 2012;
- Net income growth of 236% to $30.3 million, compared to $9.0 million for the same quarter 2012; and
- Cash, cash equivalents, and short-term investments growth of 78% to $168.7 million as of September 30, 2013, compared with $94.7 million at December 31, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV