James B. Clayton, a member of the original management team that launched HGTV and developed the network into a permanent fixture on the global media landscape, has been named to oversee corporate giving and community relations for Scripps Networks Interactive Inc. (NYSE: SNI).
Jim Clayton, executive vice president, corporate giving & community relations, Scripps Networks Interactive (Photo: Business Wire)
As the company’s newly appointed executive vice president of corporate giving and community relations, Clayton will oversee the company’s global, national and local philanthropy. He will be responsible for developing strategies and protocols for the company’s corporate giving, as well as serving as the primary liaison and philanthropic contact for civic and community leaders in Knoxville, New York City and other locations where the company has operations.
Clayton will report to Kenneth W. Lowe, chairman, president and chief executive officer of the company.
“We believe deeply in giving back to our many communities,” Lowe said. “Through our corporate philanthropy, we support causes that strive to improve the quality of life of those who are less fortunate and to make our hometowns, our countries and the world better places to live. As our lead community relations and corporate giving officer, Jim Clayton will make certain that our philanthropy is effective and wisely directed.”An executive vice president of the company, Clayton brings solid financial credentials and experience to his new role. For the past three years he has helped guide planning and long-range strategy for the company as a member of the executive leadership team. He previously served as executive vice president of finance, business affairs and chief financial officer for Scripps Networks when it was an operating division of The E. W. Scripps Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV