Best High School Cyber Detectives Head To Brooklyn For Their Final Challenge
NEW YORK, Nov. 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Thirteen teams will progress to the final round of the largest cyber security contest for high school students—The Polytechnic Institute of New York University (NYU-Poly) Cyber Security Awareness Week (CSAW) High School Forensics Contest.
The finalists will gather on NYU-Poly's Brooklyn campus November 14-16, 2013, to solve a murder mystery using digital tools, as well as to attend conference sessions and network with cyber security professionals and the collegiate and high school contestants in five other contests that will be part of the 10 th annual CSAW.
The 13 finalist high school teams bested their rivals in the preliminary round based on their outstanding abilities to analyze and inspect pieces of electronic evidence related to a fictional crime. They faced fierce competition from more than 500 teams comprised of 1,500 students.Great Neck ( N.Y.) High School and Poolsville (Md.) High School each saw two teams reach the finals. The mentor-coaches from both participated this summer in NYU-Poly's cyber security training for teachers, sponsored by the National Science Foundation. The two-week program helps teachers develop curriculum and resources to teach digital security, and it provides additional support for females, who represent no more than 13 percent of all cyber security professionals. Winners of the finalist positions are:
- 0x90.avi-- Thomas Jefferson High School, Jefferson Hills, Pa.
- Bitfield--The Indian High School, United Arab Emirates
- Cyber Hawks-- John P. Stevens High School, Edison, N.J.
- Cyber Piledrivers--Montgomery Blair High School, Silver Spring, Md.
- Electric Sheep--High Technology High School, Lincroft, N.J.
- Global Network Navigators--Great Neck North High School, Great Neck, N.Y.
- GNN Blazers--Great Neck North High School
- Ins0mnia--Emirates International School Meadows, United Arab Emirates
- Name Goes Here—Illinois Mathematics and Science Academy, Aurora, Ill.
- Payday Crew—Leland High School, San Jose, Calif.
- PHS 1437—Poolesville High School, Poolesville, Md.
- PHS Smittywerbenjegermanjenson—Poolesville High School
- The CAMS Nugget--California Academy of Mathematics and Science, Carson, Calif.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV