Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG), a global leader in customer management, is proud to announce that 5,000 veterans have joined its ranks since the beginning of 2012.
Convergys is a proud participant in the “Hiring 500,000 Heroes” campaign, which challenges businesses to hire a half-million veterans and military spouses by the end of 2014. Convergys is well on the way to meeting our hiring commitment of 7,700 veterans and military spouses by December 2014.
With locations in 18 states and opportunities to work from home, Convergys has many options for veterans and military spouses, including several Convergys locations close to military installations. Convergys’ 82,000 employees in 78 locations worldwide deliver customer service for leading household brands, including those in telecommunications, retail, healthcare, and financial services.
“Convergys and our clients benefit from the exceptional work ethic and commitment to providing exemplary service that is consistently demonstrated by military service veterans and their spouses,” said Andrea Ayers, Convergys president and CEO.“We are always looking for talented individuals to join our team,” said Adam Blumberg, Convergys vice president for global talent acquisition. “We offer site based and work-at-home employment opportunities, both of which can be a great fit for veterans, active military personnel who are making the transition from service to civilian life, and military spouses who need a portable career option that can transfer from base to base.” Convergys Corporation recognizes the value military veterans and their families bring to our business, and are committed to hiring veterans and military spouses in the communities in which we live and work. Convergys:
- Has hired 2,335 veterans and military spouses so far this year.
- 47% of these hires have been military spouses.
- Was lauded for hiring 2,655 veterans and military spouses in 2012, and recognized by the White House this year as part of First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden’s Joining Forces campaign.
- Was awarded CivilianJobs.com's 2013 Most Valuable Employers for Military®.
- Home agent program offers a portable and flexible employment opportunity that especially appeals to disabled veterans and military spouses.
- Hosting monthly virtual career fairs with Veteran Recruiting Services and The Military Spouse Employment Partnership, two organizations which pair national employers with qualified, military-affiliated job seekers.
- Participating in the U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s “Hiring Our Heroes” Career Fairs, and CompTIA’s Troops to Tech Careers partnership.
- Working closely with the Military Spouse Corporate Career Network, Military Officers Association of America, and the Wounded Warrior Project to recruit military hires.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts